Friday, October 22, 2010

Cooking a Pumpkin

I bought a Pie Pumpkin (if you don't know, this is different from the pumpkin you buy to carve) the other day so Kelsey and I could cook it one afternoon, something we have not done before. Man that little booger was HARD to cut. I made Kelsey leave the kitchen because I was worried the knife would slip and fly across at her. 10 minutes later we followed the directions from the sticker on the pumpkin. Scoop out all the seeds and gunk. Wrap each 1/2 in aluminum foil. Bake for 1 hour @ 350. The Pumpkin then easily slid/came out of the shell (which was hard- so cool). We put it in the food processor (Kelsey's favorite kitchen appliance) and pureed with just a little water, cinnamon, ginger and fresh nutmeg. It was good, but no where near the color or taste of canned (which is just plain pumpkin). We ate some plain and I made pumpkin hummus with some of it as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment