Monday, August 9, 2010

Kelsey's 3rd Birthday Party!!

We held Kelsey's birthday party on Sunday Aug. 8. I let her search through the oriental trading catalog to choose her party theme and she chose Ladybugs...so Ladybugs it was! We set up the water slide, a small pool and took down the baby gate around the pool. The Roselli clan came up and my parents came over along with a bunch of Kelsey's friends. I hired Kelsey's nanny/babysitters to come over and help out with  watching the water.


I did end up in the water, fully clothed with my camera in my pocket. My friend's son (who is K's age) was basically drowning his sister by holding onto her. Lifeguard in me took over and I went in. The kids were ok (sister was scared) but my camera was ruined :-(


Other than that I think everyone had a good time. The rain held off until about cake time. We ordered Pollo Tropical, Lou's mom made a Ladybug cake, and I made Gluten Free/Dairy free cupcakes with green coconut grass and a ladybug candy on it. (This was my first attempt at cupcakes and icing..I was pretty proud of myelf...K ate 3 that day! Wooops! But so did I....)

3 comments: