Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Kaylee is 2 months

Kaylee had her 2 month checkup on Monday. She is 12 pounds, which puts her in the 75 percentile and 22 inches, which put her just below the 50th percentile. Dr. Chiong says he thinks her length will catch up, but if not she will just be average. I don't have her head measurement b/c the nurse took it wrong and when Dr. C showed me the stats on his computer he said either her head is shrinking or the nurse didn't measure right. I'm going with choice #2 since I saw the tape measurer sliding up her forehead as the nurse was trying to read it. She got some shots in her legs which she did NOT like. In fact Monday night was no fun at all. She would be content and then just scream out of nowhere. Poor baby.

2 months in and life is getting much better. We still don't have a schedule per say, but almost every afternoon she takes a 3-4 hour nap on her belly (I'm right there with her), during Kelsy's nap so this works out great for me. I've been trying to get a few naps in too and just trying to enjoy a little downtime. Evenings are still hit or miss, but she has been going between 4-8 hours when we put her down to bed. She also has been taking a morning nap as well.

She has started smiling and cooing and laughing. All of those things are wonderful and make life good, scratch that, great. It totally makes up for the crying times. I love to sit with my knees up and have her sit on my belly with her back to me knees and just make her giggle and smile. When she does her cute dimple shows fully.

No comments:

Post a Comment