Thursday, December 23, 2010

In Spanish it means...

(A little background since I have slacked on my posts...Kelsey has been to Puerto Rico with us 3 times in the past year. We talk about spanish words, and got her some spanish puzzle cards and obviously she watches Dora and Diego so that helps)

Kelsey was quietly drawing on the floor and it turns out she was practicing writing letters and words. When she brought the paper to show me I was very proud. She had spelled POP and TOP and then she had written OTO. I told her OTO was not a word, but that she had drawn the letters very well and how proud of her I was for her letters. That is when she looked me dead in the eye and said matter-of-factly  "Mommy OTO means cut in Spanish."

We catch her all the time "speaking" a different language. I think since she doesn't understand alot of spanish, when she hears people speak it she thinks they must just be making things up.

No comments:

Post a Comment