Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

What a wonderful week...My brother Michael and his family came down, as well as my baby sister Kellie, and my sister Cindy and her family. All of the grandkids had a blast playing together, swimming, playing in the cul-d-sac, and going on the boat. I was brave and decided to help make some of the food for this year, mainly so Kelsey could have stuff to eat. As usual, Lou fried a turkey and I made gluten free/dairy free stuffing (seriously from scratch), cranberry compote, gluten free/dairy free mini pie crusts and filled them with pecan pie and a gluten free/dairy free no bake pumpkin pie mixture. Kelsey had been talking about pumpkin pie for weeks, so I knew I had to figure out a way to make it. I also made a pumpkin cheesecake for the rest of us to enjoy.


Eating her special pumpkin pie
I saw these cute jammies a month or 2 before and decided that we needed to take a picture of all the grandkids in them. I ironed on everyones name and put their birth order # on the back. After dinner we hid all of the kids in Aunt Kellie's room and got them changed to surprise Gma/Gpa McD. They were all so cute and had a blast. It's very hard to get 9 kids to do exactly what you want at the same exact time to take pics. We did the best we could.





No comments:

Post a Comment